SWAP is currently experiencing a staff-shortage that may result in lengthy pick-up delays for Surplus Requests. If your department needs an expedited pick-up service (10 business days or less) we strongly recommend making arrangements to deliver the property to our location in Verona by utilizing Campus Services (UW-Madison departments ONLY), hiring professional movers, or using your department’s own resources. Surplus property may be delivered Monday through Friday 8am-4pm. A Surplus Request MUST be submitted for all surplus drop-offs and pick-up requests.
Please fill out the Surplus Request Form, print a copy for your records, and press Submit. We strive to pick up all requested surplus within 10 days, but sometimes our efforts are strained by building cleanouts and large quantities of requests. If you have specific time constraints, please note them in the comment section and we will try to accommodate. Most pick-ups by MDS drivers are free, however departments may be charged if a request for an emergency pick-up is made, if the pick-up takes more than two hours onsite, or if the pick-up needs to be contracted out.
Simply fill out the Surplus Request Form and write "Will drop off on ____" (if date is known) in the comment section, print one copy for your records and another copy for the SWAP staff, and press Submit. Please have a copy of the Surplus Request Form on hand when dropping off your items.
Our drop off location is 1061 Thousand Oaks Trail, Verona, WI 53593.
Online Auction - Items on Location
Some surplus items are too large and/or too numerous for us to retrieve. These items will traditionally be added to our online auction website rather than our SWAP floor. In these circumstances, we will send a staff member to your location to take pictures of the object(s) and the winning online auction bidder will retrieve them from your site at their convenience. If you believe your item(s) qualify for online auction - items on location, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Surplus Request Form online. (At the top of the form, make sure "Online Auction - Items on Location" is selected). Print a copy for your records and press Submit.
- Someone from SWAP will be in contact with you as soon as we receive your Surplus Request Form.
Surplus Evaluation Form
SWAP has created a form to assist us in accurately appraising and reselling your department's surplus property. We are requesting that that items of value ($75 or more) be accompanied by a Surplus Equipment Evaluation form. Please fill out the form, print a copy, and tape it to each item of value greater than $75.
This optional form will assist SWAP personnel with assessing resale value of your items. It will also help to increase your department's chance of receiving maximum sales credits.
- SWAP cannot receive surplus property without the Surplus Request Form completely filled out.
- Be as specific as possible when itemizing your items. Items not specifically listed may not be picked up with the load.
- SWAP may determine that the department's items are unsalable or hazardous. If this occurs, you will be given directions and contact information for disposing the items through FP&M's waste recycling department.
- While departments should follow their own guidelines for removing data from computers, copiers, PDAs, and printers, SWAP wipes all data from data containing devices or physically destroys the device to ensure total data destruction.