|*SWAP will be implementing a new look to this site on September 17th, 2012.*|
New Customer Information
New to SWAP? The information below will provide you with an overview of how to make your first purchase. Please note that those shopping on behalf of a non-profit organization will need to complete the two tax exempt forms located on the account setup page prior to shopping.
Hours and Location
The SWAP Shop is located at 1061 Thousand Oaks Trail in Verona, WI. A detailed map of our location is available here.
It is important to note that the SWAP Shop is open to different groups on different days. Please look here for a full list of our hours.
What Should I Do First?
- Grab a shopping cart.
- Look around the store
- If you want to purchase a larger item that cannot be carried or safely loaded alone, please find a SWAP staff member (employees in green or red who are roaming the sales floor). Ask the employee to put "HOLD" tape on your item. Please note: Holds are good for an hour or for as long as you are in the store (if an hour has already passed while you are shopping).
- After you are done shopping:
- For large items, procure a "SOLD" tag from the cashier. Fill it out and place it under your "HOLD" tape. When checking out, tell the cashier what type of item you wish to purchase (desk, filing cabinet, bookshelf, etc.) and how much it costs.
- For small items, simply check out at the registers. You will be asked to show your receipt at the door for any smaller items you take with you. Please keep it out after the transaction.
How Do I Pick My Items Up?
- Doors 1 and 2 on the SWAP side of the building (left end, if you are facing the front of the building) are loading bays. Once your items are paid for and "SOLD" tags have been attached, the SWAP staff will begin moving your items towards the loading bay.
- Pull your car around and if the loading bay door is not open, ring the bell once. (Please give our staff time to respond to the bell. We may be busy assisting other customers. If someone has not responded after a minute, please ring the bell again).
- SWAP staff may help you load your vehicle if they feel it is safe and intelligent to do so. Staff may refuse to help if items are too heavy to be safely lifted or if they will not be able to travel safely in your vehicle.
- You are responsible for securing the item(s) so please make sure you have the appropriate tie-down straps. The only loading/strapping materials we have to provide are twine and cardboard.
*You have two business days to pick up your items. If purchased on Tuesday, you have until Thursday at 4:00 p.m. If purchased Friday or Saturday, you have until Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
Purchasing and Pickup Policies
- All items are sold as is. While we do have experts in many areas, we do not guarantee the condition or functionality of any items.
- It is asked that you either speak with SWAP personnel or test any electronic devices before purchasing them.
- All items must be picked up within two business days of purchase.
- If an extension is necessary, you must call and speak to a SWAP supervisor and get permission. Dial 608-497-4440 to discuss the issue.
- If items are left beyond the pickup time they will have their tags removed and be placed back on the sale floor.
- No refunds, credits or exchanges will be given to items not picked up on time.
- You must show your receipt when picking up your items. If someone is picking them up for you, they must have the receipt or they will not be allowed to retrieve the item.
SWAP Floor Map
|Aisles 8-10||Filing Cabinets|
|Aisle 14 and North Wall||Shelving/Bookshelves|
|Aisle 15 (East Wall)||Lab Equipment and Misc Electronics|
|Aisle 16 (East Wall) and Front Area||Computers|
|West Wall||Books/Misc Office Supplies|
UW Departments & State Agencies Only
- What to Send to SWAP
- Surplus Requests
- Department Only Inventory
- Surplus Policy
- Non-Profit Sales Hours
- Account Setup/Edit
Purchasing Services Home
- MDS Home