Customer Service: (608) 497-4400
Your return will be handled differently depending on your location (whether you are in the MDS delivery area, or outside it) and also on who the vendor is. But all returns must meet these criteria:
- You must return the merchandise in original packaging and in saleable condition.
- A copy of the original packing slip must accompany any returned merchandise. If no packing slip was received, you may substitute the invoice.
- Returns must be accomplished within 30 days of the original shipping date.
- Special orders, in most cases, are not returnable. This includes custom preparations of chemicals or biologicals, imprinted items (rubber stamps), and frozen or refrigerated items.
To initiate a return, follow these steps:
If you are inside the MDS delivery area:
- If the package is not from one of the five vendors listed below, contact the vendor to make arrangements for a return. Shop@UW/MDS only handles returns from the following vendors:
- MDS Core Stock
- Thermo Fisher
- Label your return (see online request form) and take the parcel(s) to your dock or delivery zone.
- Submit the online request form.
If you are outside the MDS delivery area (your orders usually come by UPS or other delivery service):
- Obtain return authorization from the vendor.
- The vendor will make arrangements for your return shipping. Follow their directions.
- If the package is not from one of the four vendors listed below, contact the vendor to make arrangements for a return. Shop@UW/MDS only handles returns from the following vendors:
- Thermo Fisher
- Airgas cylinders (empty) are returned using the Gas Cylinder Pickup form. No call to Airgas is required. No credit will be considered for partially full cylinders.
- Full or partially full cylinders require special treatment. Call Airgas for guidance.
- MSC Returns: If you are returning a product with no defects and with no errors related to MSC, your account will be charged for return costs.