- Vendor Contact Information
- Customer Service: (608) 497-4400
A return will be handled differently depending on whether a MDS truck delivered the item(s) or if they were delivered by an outside company ( i.e., UPS, Federal Express, US Postal mail, etc.). Always contact the vendor first as the return policy may vary depending on who the vendor is. However, all returns must meet these criteria:
- You must return the merchandise in original packaging and in saleable condition.
- A copy of the original packing slip must accompany any returned merchandise. If no packing slip was received, you may substitute the invoice.
- Returns must be accomplished within 30 days of the original shipping date.
- Special orders, in most cases, are not returnable. This includes custom preparations of chemicals or biologicals, imprinted items (rubber stamps), and frozen or refrigerated items.
To initiate a return, follow these steps:
If you are inside the MDS delivery area:
- Contact the vendor.
Note: Grainger, MDS Corestock, Staples, Thermo Fisher and VWR are the only vendors that are delivered by MDS.
- Label your return (see online request form) and take the parcel(s) to your dock or delivery zone.
- Submit the online request form.
If your package was delivered by an outside company ( i.e., UPS, Federal Express, US Postal mail, etc.):
- Contact the vendor and make arrangements.
- Follow the vendor's directions.
Gas Cylinder Returns
Airgas cylinders (empty) are returned using the Gas Cylinder Pickup form. No call to Airgas is required. No credit will be considered for partially full cylinders.
- Full or partially full cylinders require special treatment. Call Airgas for guidance.
If you are returning a product with no defects and with no errors related to MSC, your account will be charged for return costs.