Storefront Message Areas
›››User Login Message
The user login message area of Shop@UW is periodically enabled during the storefont login process to announce system-wide shut-downs for planned maintenance and emergencies; review an archive of old messages at this link.
Links to additional and helpful information are provided in the organizational message box located on the left-hand side of the Shop/Home web page of the Shop@UW storefront.
Shop@UW Top News Stories
It is the responsibility of the cylinder gas user to retain the threaded cap that comes with a cylinder. Gas cylinder caps are required by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, DOT, when moving cylinders by truck. Furthermore, cylinder caps should be in place whenever a cylinder is moved within a lab or building. Caps are not to be removed until the cylinder is secured to prevent shearing the valve if tipped. Keep in mind the contents are under pressure and a sheared valve can create a major safety hazard for anyone in the vicinity and cause significant property damage.
If you wish to return an empty cylinder you must have the cap in place. If a cap is lost you may order a replacement from Shop@UW. Note: there are two thread configurations, coarse thread and fine thread; see below for the part numbers:
- RAT8FRNP, Fine Thread
- RAT8CRNP02, Coarse Thread
Hazardous gases require another cap for transportation which seals the outlet on the tank should the valve be accidently opened. Retain these caps in a safe place for cylinder returns. These caps must be in place for DOT transportation. Please contact Airgas with the serial number of the cylinder and gas type for a replacement cap.
Look for the skull and crossbones and FedEx or other carrier stickers. Call UW-Madison Environment, Health & Safety for proper return of these hazardous materials as Shop@UW cannot return them.
A number that lets us communicate about your order with any of our vendors is the purchase order number.
Every order you complete is transmitted to the appropriate vendor using this identifier. When contacting vendors about an order status or cancellation, use the purchase order number and they should be able to locate the order in their system. Make sure you reference the purchase order number and not just an order number because each vendor has their own internal order number system which we normally don’t see.
As we approach Fiscal Year End 15 you will need to be aware of important deadlines for year-end processing.
June 16, 2015
- All purchases made through Shop@UW and the MDS Verona warehouse must be placed by end of business day on June 16, 2015 to ensure that the charges are applied to FY15 funding.
- Please keep in mind that even if orders are placed by June 16, any potential back-orders may be delayed and could be billed in FY16.
- Orders placed after June 16, 2015 may or may not be billed to FY15 depending on product receipt date and potential back-order status.
June 16-June 23, 2015
- The billing period for orders placed between these dates are completely dependent on when the Shop@UW vendor sends the invoice to MDS. We will do our best to apply them against FY15 but there are no guarantees.
June 23, 2015
- All orders must be physically received by the customer and invoiced by the Shop@UW vendors by the end of the business day on June 23, 2015, in order to be applied to funding in FY15.
June 24-30, 2015
- Orders invoiced between these dates will be applied to FY16.
June 29, 2015
- Cut-off for Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) will be at 10:00 AM – please note this is different from the standard NOON deadline.
- Shop@UW accounting will transmit all the campus billing files to SFS after 10:00 AM on June 29, 2015, and they will be applied to FY15. You will be able to view these transactions in WISDM after July 1.
Any questions related to these dates please contact Shop@UW accounting at email@example.com or 608-497-4400.
February 25, 2015
Eppendorf has joined Shop@UW as the newest supplier. Eppendorf is a life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid handling, sample handling, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Please review the Vendor Contact, Return, and Shipping Information web page for contact information if you have a question about products from Eppendorf.
February 25, 2015
David Nelson assumed the position of Director of Purchasing Services on Monday, February 23, 2015. David brings over two decades of procurement, supply-chain management, and strategic sourcing experience. He has held leadership positions with several Wisconsin and Illinois based companies such as: Kohl’s Department Stores, American Family Insurance, CUNA Mutual, GE Healthcare, and Siemens Medical Solutions.
David holds a Bachelor's of Science in Industrial Technology from Southern Illinois University and a MBA in Operations Management from DePaul University (Chicago). He also has earned numerous professional certifications, including: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB); Certified Quality Manager (CQM); Certified Production & Inventory Control Manager (CPIM); Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); and Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM).
January 14, 2015
Shop@UW is pleased to welcome Newark as a new punch-out vendor in Shop@UW. Newark is a supplier of test and measurement equipment, supplies, maintenance equipment, and other technology products.
Please review the Vendor Contact, Return, and Shipping Information web page for contact information if you have a question about products from Newark.
January 14, 2015
Shop@UW has two calendars available for download. The PAT Editing Deadline Calendar is a time-saving tool that can help those who frequently use PAT by having all monthly cut off dates in one document. The 2015 State Payroll Calendar is a free resource we create each year for customers. Enjoy!