Shop@UW is our eCommerce marketplace staffed by UW-Madison Business Services.
On March 4th, 2013, UW-Madison Business Services launched a major upgrade to the MDS e-commerce system, and has renamed the site "Shop@UW."
Shop@UW will greatly enhance the customer's shopping experience by providing better tools for searching and product comparison. New tools will allow Business Services to rapidly add more suppliers to the marketplace, capture more in-depth data on spending, and negotiate more strategic contracts to achieve greater savings.
"Adding suppliers to our existing purchasing system is a time-consuming and inefficient process. With Shop@UW, we can streamline this process, while providing our faculty and employees with an easy-to-use shopping experience that increases overall engagement as well as contract compliance," said Mike Hardiman, director of procurement, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Benefits of Shop@UW Software
Shop@UW is reminiscent of e-commerce sites like Amazon.com that allow users to search items and return results from various suppliers. Shop@UW will allow customers to make more informed procurement decisions while reducing the time it takes to shop for products.
Other benefits include:
- Side-by-side product and price comparison;
- Easily found "UW-Madison Preferred" and "Green" products;
- Ability to search on specific attributes, such as CAS number, SKU, manufacturer and unit of measure;
- Simple re-ordering using "Favorites"
Transition to Shop@UW
To facilitate an easy transition to Shop@UW, current MDS customers can continue to use the same MDS account(s), login/password, and payment method. Customers may continue to reallocate their purchases using the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT).
Beginning February 18, several face-to-face training sessions will be available across UW-Madison and System campuses. Please register for UW-Madison training at http://go.wisc.edu/p18e7e.
High Level Project Milestone Timeline
- September 2012: Project Kickoff and Planning
- October 2012: Functional Requirements Gathering
- November 2012: Focus Groups with Representative UW-Madison and UW System Users
- December 2012: Solution Development
- January 2013: Solution Validation Testing
- February 2013: Training and Communication to Customers
- March 4th, 2013: Shop@UW Launch