Here is a link to EUROP ASSISTANCE information and tear-off card to take with you when you travel.

EUROP ASSISTANCE is a program provided at no cost to State of Wisconsin (including University) employees while traveling abroad in the course and scope of their employment. This travel insurance program provides medical emergency assistance for worldwide travel while on business. EUROP ASSISTANCE is designed to ensure the availability of competent health care as promptly as possible in situations where health care may not be available or is not up to US standards. Coverage includes:

  • 24 hour/ 7 day a week, collect call (outside the US) emergency assistance services
  • medical evacuation and repatriation coverage

It is NOT a health insurance program. Employees are covered by workers compensation if injured in the course of employment, regardless of work location. Personal health insurance may cover for other health related incidents, though employees should always check with their own health insurance provider for coverage while they are traveling. Faculty and staff who are traveling abroad for educational pursuits are eligible to purchase CISI health insurance for study abroad, through this office.

The program specifically covers University employees, and staff research assistants (RA's) whose trip expenses and/or foreign stay are authorized by and at the expense of the University. Family members are not covered. Students are covered only when traveling as an employee and when expenses are authorized and paid for by the University. University employees are defined as anyone on University payroll and/or on official leave due to being granted a sabbatical. Unpaid volunteers could be covered, but only if travel is authorized by and at the expense of the University and the volunteer is conducting business or research on behalf of the University.

Coverage begins upon arrival at the site of first touchdown, and is within 72 hours of beginning one's employment at the jobsite. Coverage is also included for up to 72 hours of personal excursion before, during, and after a business trip. If additional time is needed for personal travel the employee may purchase additional coverage through a travel assistance provider.

Other sources of information are: Insuring Agreement and Declarations Page


Here is a link to IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION information and tear-off card to take with you when you travel.

IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION for Business Travelers will help you defend your identity and recover any
lost or stolen documents.

• assigned a dedicated caseworker who will work with you every step of the way, helping you to restore your identity should you become the victim of fraud.
• receive a Customized Identity Fraud Resolution Kit that provides you with valuable information, including forms you'll need to alert credit bureaus and authorities.
• help you place Fraud Alerts at the appropriate credit bureaus, establish Police Reports, and set up Credit Monitoring for you, helping you to mitigate any residual damage to your identity.