|Check the "Contract Updates for the Week"|
SCUBA DIVING INSTRUCTOR SERVICES FOR WISCONSIN UNION HOOFERS
|(contract last updated 05/01/2012)|
|SCOPE: Contract for SCUBA Diving Instructor Services for Wisconsin Union Hoofers.|
|11-5262||SCUBA DIVING INSTRUCTOR SERVICES FOR WISCONSIN UNION HOOFERS|
|CONTRACT ORIGIN:||ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:|
21 N Park St, Ste 6101
Madison, WI 53715-1218
| UW-Madison users contact:
(608) 262-6557 FAX (608) 262-4467
|RESTRICTED TO:||Wisconsin Union Hoofers|
|CONTRACT TERM:||July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012, with automatic renewal extension to June 30, 2013, unless amended, cancelled or rebid.|
|Federal Employee ID # (FEIN)||39-1845156|
|F.O.B.||“V” F.O.B. SERVICE/MAINTENANCE|
|Invoicing:||Invoices shall reflect contract pricing.|
|Pricing Information:||SEE BELOW|
1. Must be a Certified PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Instructor with a minimum OWSI (Open Water Scuba Instructor) rating, in good standing with teaching status. Must be able to teach OW (Open Water), AOW (Advanced Open Water), Rescue Diver and Divemaster.
2. Must be experienced in teaching large classes of 30 or more.
3. Certification to teach any or all of the following specialty courses:
a. Ice Diving
4. Must have access to a compressor to fill air tanks.
5. Candidates with access to an Open Water training site with quarry-like conditions within a 1-hour drive of Madison are preferred.
B. Scope of Service/Deliverables:
1. Provides diving instruction to the Hoofer Scuba Club classes in a manner that complies with the standards and practices set forth by PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors).
2. Maintains insurance and verifies that all certified assistants are insured with specifications as stipulated by the University of Wisconsin—Madison.
3. Provides all equipment necessary for instructors, instructional aides and safety. Provides all masks, fins and snorkels for Open Water classes, and provide appropriate exposure wear for Open Water sessions.
4. Provides air fills for Divemasters at checkouts.
5. Provides a suitable site for open water training sessions.
6. Provides all instructional staff necessary for safe and effective instruction in compliance with PADI standards. Instructional staff includes: The Hoofers Scuba Club has a limited number of Divemasters available to assist in teaching that can be provided at no cost. Instructors, Assistant Instructors, Divemasters, and Shore Support. The Instructor is encouraged to utilize Hoofers Scuba Club members as Divemasters or in other assistant capacities when, in the judgment of the instructor, use of such club members does not interfere with safe and effective instruction. Certified assistants required should be in compliance with PADI standards.
7. If club volunteer (certified or candidate) Divemasters are not available, pay instructional staff for their services and comply with all applicable laws pertaining to employment and tax withholding and reporting. Costs for such should be charged to the Scuba Club and will be passed on as fees.
8. Must be willing to communicate and problem-solve in a timely manner with the Hoofer Scuba Club Executive Board.
9. Provides sufficient staffing and equipment to accommodate class sizes of a minimum of 4 people, but not more that the limits defined as follows:
Maximum student count per course offering:
10. Maintains regular class schedules as titled for 2010 and future years’ schedules.
Summer and Fall 2011, and Spring 2012 Hoofers Diving Class ScheduleSUMMER 2011
OW Classrooms: July 7, 21, 28
OW Pools: July 12, 19, 26
OW Checkouts: August 6 and 7
AOW: August 27 and 28
OW Classrooms: Sept 12, 22, 29
OW Pools: Sept 13, 20, 27
OW Checkouts: Oct 1st and 2nd
AOW: Oct 8th and 9th
OW Classrooms: April 12, 19, 26, May 3
OW Pools: April 17, 24 and May 1
OW Checkouts: May 5 and 6
AOW: May 26 and 27
|AMENDMENT #1 (9/17/10): is issued to add “Open Water Course Materials” under Options.|
|AMENDMENT #2 (7/8/11): is issued to show change in vendor (from Diving Unlimited to Diversions Scuba Instruction & Supply).|
|(5/1/12): added the following item: $54.40 (multimedia)|