How To Report a Property Claim
- All accidental property damage in excess of $500, should be reported to Margaret Hoffman via e-mail or call 262-0379 within 24-48 hours.
- If theft or vandalism, you must call the local law enforcement agency.
- Losses that may exceed $10,000 must be reported as soon as possible, to 262-0379.
- You will need to follow up with a formal report, using the Property Loss Report. You will also need to submit copies of repair estimates, replacement costs, clean-up costs, police reports and lightning loss affidavits, as applicable.
- Claims must be concluded within 90 days. If this is not possible, arrangements must be made ahead of time with Margaret Hoffman.
For more information on this topic, see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/risk_mgt/property_program.html