How To Obtain Shipping Services at UW-Madison
UW-Madison has an established contract partnership with UPS for shipping services, including not only UPS ground, but also Next Day Air and Priority Delivery services. UPS works with customers in regard to any unique needs they may have including the transport of regulated or hazardous substances or other packages that you might currently use other carriers to ship. UPS is very willing to meet with individual Departments to discuss their needs and shipping processes to customize UPS service to that individual Department.
To get setup with a UPS account number and begin shipping using CampusShip, to have UPS staff come to your location to provide training, or to help staff develop the necessary logon and passwords, please contact Brian Mace, firstname.lastname@example.org or Krista Fonk, email@example.com of UPS. For UW-Madison contract information, please contact Vint Quamme.
Purchasing Services performed price comparisons between UPS and FedEx and found the rates to be the same or less across all service elements. The UPS shipping rates for UW-Madison as well as zone charts and pricing instructions are available in the Shipping Services Contract Publication.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Shipping Services contract are available at: http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/purch/HowToBuy/UPSFAQ.html
For further information on funding in your CampusShip Account, see the Accounting Services memo.
Key Benefits of Shipping Services Contract:
- CampusShip web based shipping site enables shipping and tracking from your desktop.
- Ability to pay via the method most convenient to your Department (Procurement Card, Purchase Order, or Direct Charge).
- UPS has established a "Generic Logon" shipping site where UW customers receive UW reduced rates and can use a credit card for payment, eliminating the need for paper shipping documents.
- Custom Solutions available based on individualized customer needs.
- Pricing on par with or better than all competitors for all services available, including inbound shipments.
- Reliable shipping options - UPS is ranked highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates for all types of package delivery, including air and international as well as obtaining the highest rating in any category (8.0) for on-time performance from Parcel Shipping and Distribution magazine's “2003 Annual Best Practice” carrier survey.
If you would like MDS to prepare and send your package for you, please see How To Ship A Package Using United Parcel Service (UPS) Through MDS.