How to Make a Tuition ePayment with Foreign Currency
NOTE: A Foreign Currency payment is a 'pending' payment, and does not apply to your UW-Madison tuition account until all the following steps are completed.
Step 1: To get started, login to the Tuition Account eBill/ePayment Site
Students - Login to your
>Student Center> click View eBill/Make ePayment and then click the View eBill/Make ePayment yellow button
Parents (set up as an Authorized Payer) – Login to the Tuition Account eBill/ePayment site
(If you are not set up as an Authorized Payer, contact your student)
Step 2: Select the term and amount you wish to pay
- click 'Make a Tuition ePayment' link in Your Account section
- follow steps to select term and payment amount you wish to pay
- then select Method of Payment 'Foreign Currency'
Step 3: Enter Foreign Currency Information * (more information on the bottom of the page)
- complete the foreign currency form
- continue to checkout
- verify the information and then submit the payment
- when the 'Transaction Pending' displays, click the link to view and print important information and instructions to take to your bank to initiate the payment
- List of participating countries and currencies
Step 4: Bank Transfer
- deliver the printed transaction form to your foreign bank (the quoted exchange rate is valid for 72 hours)
- your foreign bank will transfer funds via Western Union to the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Step 5: Payment Finalized
- University of Wisconsin-Madison will post your payment in the U.S. dollar equivalent to your tuition account
* If your local currency is not in the dropdown list on the foreign currency form, you need to choose another currency on the list in order to process a Foreign Currency ePayment. If your currency is not listed; you may select US Dollar and have your transaction processed in US dollars. If your country is not listed and you need an alternate wire payment option, please send your request in an email to the Bursar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your student name and campus ID in your email. The Bursar's office will review and respond to your email within 2 business-days.