- A $20.00 return check charge is assessed when a check or E-payment is not paid by the bank from which it is drawn; for reasons such as non-sufficient funds, refer to maker, missing signature, no account found, etc.
- A hold is placed on the Student Tuition Account to prevent future enrollment, access to records and refunds until a replacement payment is received.
- The replacement payment should be in the form of a cashier's check, money order, or cash - not another personal check.
- The replacement payment may be made as an on-line E-payment at http://my.wisc.edu from a regular CHECKING account or SAVINGS account.
- The hold is not cleared for
15 business days from the date payment is received in Bursar's Office - if a replacement payment is made with a personal check.
- The hold is not cleared for 10 business days from the date payment is submitted to Bursar's Office - if a replacement payment is an on-line E-payment.
- We do not accept debit or credit cards for payment of tuition and fees.
- If tuition and fee charges are not paid by the
tuition due date,
as a result of a returned check, a $100.00 late
payment fee is assessed.