BadgerPay Payment Plan Questions

Who can sign up?

Anyone with a current term tuition (Spring or Fall only) balance on their student Account. All prior term balances must be paid in full in order to enroll.

Does enrollment in BadgerPay have to be done each term?

Yes, enrollment has to be done for each term that BadgerPay is used (Spring or Fall only).

What does the enrollment fee cover?

The payment plan enrollment fee is used to cover the additional software, maintenance, and administrative costs that we have incurred as a result of offering BadgerPay Payment Plan.

Can past term tuition balances be included in the payment plan?

No, all prior term balance must be paid in full before you can enroll for the current term payment plan.

Are there any fees besides the plan enrollment fee for BadgerPay?

If installments are paid late, there will be a $50 late payment fee. In order to avoid late fees, we suggest you set up automatic payments.

Can a person participate after their due date?

Yes, enrollment in BadgerPay can be done up until the day before the 2nd installment due date. However, a later sign up date may affect the number of installments in the plan.

Is there any way the $50 enrollment fee can be waived?

No, the fee is required and non-refundable.

Who do I contact to change bank account information for automatic payments?

Changes in bank information can be done through the student center.

Who can set up the BadgerPay plan? (Student or Authorized Payer or both?)

Both, students or their authorized payers can sign up for BadgerPay.

Are there instructions on how to set up the payment plan?

Yes, instructions can be found here:

Can I pay more than the amount due and if so, what happens to the next payment(s)?

Yes, payments for more than the installment amount due can be made, up to the remaining balance. Remaining installment payments will be adjusted to reflect the actual balance on the tuition account, and email notifications will be sent out.

Additional Questions?

Please contact the Bursar’s Office at or 608-262-3611

Return to Questions Menu