- The Bursar's Office is not involved in the PLUS
application process or repayment of PLUS loans.
- The Bursar's Office is responsible for PLUS Bank Loan funds disbursement.
- Before releasing PLUS loan proceeds, the
Bursar's Office must verify that the student is enrolled at least
- PLUS loan proceeds cannot be disbursed to the
or applied to the student's Tuition Account until
the earliest disbursement date for each term - per PLUS loan
- Before releasing PLUS loan proceeds, the Bursar's Office must verify that the student is enrolled at least half time.
NOTE TO PARENTS: PLUS Loan proceeds are returned to the lender if your child is not enrolled at least half time.
PLUS loan checks made payable to the parent:
Are mailed to the parent.
PLUS loan checks made jointly payable to the parent AND UW-Madison:
Bursar's office endorses the check and mails it to the parent.
No further UW - Madison endorsement is necessary to cash the check.
PLUS loan checks made payable to UW-Madison ONLY:
The check is applied to the student's Tuition Account. If there are no charges to pay or the amount of the PLUS loan exceeds the amount of charges, the excess is refunded to the 'borrower' parent.
- Refunds are mailed to the 'borrower' parent's 'home' address.
Students can log onto
and select the Financial tab, to view all
Tuition Account financial activity.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Bursar's Office. (608) 262-3611
|Bursar's Office||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|333 East Campus Mall #10501||Monday - Friday|