Vendor Refund Form Instructions
Do not send cash with vendor refund forms. See instructions below.
All vendor refund deposits containing cash must be hand delivered to the Bursar's Office located at 333 East Campus Mall #10501, Madison, WI, 53715-1383,along with the vendor refund form. The Bursar’s Office will deposit the cash and send the Vendor Refund Form onto Cash Management for entry into SFS. The Bursars Office will produce a receipt for the departments record.
If the check to be deposited has a UW-Madison logo with the address of 21 N. Park St., Suite 5301, then mark the check as “void” and send it back to Accounting Services File Room, 21 N. Park St., Suite 5301, Madison, WI 53715.
Per State Statutes, (Chap. 20.906 Wis. Stats.), payments/receipts are to be deposited within 5 business days and all payments received from vendors belong to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. To avoid theft or loss, departments collecting larger sums of money should make deposits daily or more frequently than once a week.
Please remember Vendor Refunds may not be: 1) deposited into an individual's private bank account, 2) deposited with the University Foundation bank accounts, nor 3) used to purchase supplies. These refunds are not to be deposited with UW-Madison custodian fund checking accounts or into petty cash accounts.
Year-End Instructions: Refunds of prior year fund 101 expenditures are deposited to appropriation 131 Project 131A006 program R account code 9209, see http://www.uwsa.edu/fadmin/appr/appr101.htm.
- Credit the attached check number: Enter the check number on the vendor check submitted for deposit.
- Check Date: Enter date check was issued.
- From (payee name): Enter the name of the vendor on the check submitted for deposit
Complete appropriate financial account coding as follows (http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/coding.html):
- Dept: Enter 6-digit Division/Department ID.
- Fund: Enter 3-digit Fund ID.
- Prog: Enter 1-digit activity code such as 0,1,2,3,4,6,8,9,F,R.
- Proj: Enter 7-digit Project ID which will either start with the 3-digit Fund Code or “PRJ” followed by a sequence of 4 alphanumeric characters.
- Act ID: Leave blank.
- Account: Enter 4-digit SFS account code (should be numeric numbers).
- Class: Leave blank.
- Amount: Enter amount as a whole number, no commas, followed by a decimal point and the cents.
- Description: Enter vendor name followed by brief describe which will help you identify this deposit (max 30 alpha numeric characters).
- Journal Line Ref or PO Number: If there was a PO related to this refund, enter the PO info (max 10 alpha numeric characters).
- Voucher No.: Enter the journal ID referenced in WISDM which originally paid this vendor (max 10 alpha numeric characters).
- Inv No.: If applicable enter any additional journal ID which relate to this vendor refund (max 12 alpha numeric characters).
- Total: Leave as is. Auto-fill based on amounts entered above
- Payment has been credited for the following reasons: Briefly describe why this payment occurred.
- Department Name: Print the name of your department submitting the deposit.
- Submitted by: Print your name as the preparer.
- Phone Number: Enter your 10-digit phone number.
- Email: Enter your e-mail address used for campus business.
- Date: Enter the date this form was completed.
Return this form to: UW-Madison Accounting Services, Cash Management, 21 N. Park St., Suite 6101, Madison, WI 53715.