Frequently Asked Questions
Choose the link below for answers to questions in the following topics
Who to contact:
- Sometimes its hard to know who to call to get my questions answered. Do you have a subject phone directory?
Allocated Fringe Process
- Which funds use an allocated rate?
- How does the allocated process work?
- How are the allocated rates determined?
- I noticed that there are requisitions for fringes. How are these requisitions created?
- How are the fringe requisitions updated?
- How can I tell what allocated fringe costs are for what salary costs?
- When do the allocated rates change?
- What if I have an account where the actual fringe costs for a specific individual are less (or more) than the allocated rate used?
- If I am closing an account, what do I need to do for accounts that have fringe and overhead?
- What are the current allocated rates?
Budget to Accounting Process:
- What is the process to load Red Book budget data to the Accounting Master File?
- What is the process for the Summer Session Budget load?
- Can the working budget structure be changed after the Red Book budget is locked but before it is loaded to the Accounting Master File?
- What adjustments are done to the departmental budgets at a System/Campus level?
- How are the encumbrances initialized?
- How are the classified encumbrances updated for the pay plan and contract increases?
- How are earnings generated for 128 funds?
- How does this affect my 128 funds?
- What if I am trying to close a 128 operation?
Policy and Procedures: