Travelers are individuals seeking reimbursement for travel and business-related expenses. Travelers can enter their own expenses in e-Reimbursement, or if they prefer, can assign an alternate to enter on their behalf. Whether expenses are entered by the traveler or an alternate, travelers must submit their own expense reports for approval.
Note: "Traveler" is the term used in e-Reimbursement to describe the claimant. Not all expenses will be incurred while in travel status.
Do you need to use one of the following features?
- Cash Advance
- Travel Authorization
- Group Travel (includes Athletic Team travel)
- Import My Wallet Transactions
NOTE: GET can currently be used to submit the vast majority of expense reimbursement requests; however, while development continues, Travelers/Alternates may need to use e-Reimbursement in certain circumstances. Please see the Travel and Expense Reimbursement Process Map to determine which tool will best suit your needs.
Important Information for Travelers:
Additional Resources for Travelers:
- Business Purposes for Expense Reimbursement
- Expense Types and Billing Types for e-Reimbursement
- Receipt Packet Information
- How are e-Reimbursement Payments Received?
- My Default Profile
- e-mail Notifications in e-Reimbursement
- Guidelines for Use of UW Foundation Funds in e-Reimbursement
- Currency Converter
- County Look-Up
- How Default Funding Works in e-Reimbursement for Approvers and Auditors
How To's for Travelers
- How to Assign an Alternate in e-Reimbursement
- How to Work with Expense Reports in e-Reimbursement
- How to Work with My Corporate Card Expenses in e-Reimbursement
- How to Use the Receipt Split Function in e-Reimbursement
- How to Request a Wire Transfer for an e-Reimbursement Payment
- How to Work with Travel Authorizations in e-Reimbursement
- How to Request an e-Reimbursement Cash Advance (Traveler Role)
- How to Reconcile a Cash Advance in e-Reimbursement (Traveler Role)
- How to Review/Edit Profile Information in e-Reimbursement (Traveler Role)
- How to Route e-Reimbursement Payments to a Different Account than My Paycheck
Note: For trip planning resources, please visit the Travel Center.