My Corporate Card
- Benefits of using the My Corporate Card
- How to Obtain a My Corporate Card
- Approved uses of the My Corporate Card
- Prohibited Use of the My Corporate Card
- Documentation Requirements
- Cardholder Responsibilities
- My Corporate Card Payment
- Card Termination
- Account Information
- Accessing Account Information Online
The State of Wisconsin has contracted with US Bank to offer State and University authorized travelers with a state-issued personal liability credit card, the My Corporate Card, as an alternate method of payment for official, state business travel expenses and miscellaneous business-related supply purchases.
The policies and procedures in this document define eligibility, responsibility, and proper card usage. They are designed to ensure that individual cardholders and those responsible for supervising cardholders comply with this manual, the University of Wisconsin–Madison travel and expense reimbursement policies, and Purchasing Services Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
Please remember that if you use the My Corporate Card, you do so with an understanding of and under the conditions set forth in these policies and procedures.
The My Corporate Card streamlines and automates travel and expense reimbursement for travelers. Reimbursable expenses are claimed via the e‑Reimbursement system and can be paid directly to US Bank, by the University, on behalf of the cardholder.
The My Corporate Card, a state-issued personal liability credit card, provides the following special terms and conditions:
- No annual fees
- Non-invasive credit assessment (inquiries are not reflected on your personal credit records)
- $500,000 common carrier insurance
- $1,250 lost or stolen luggage insurance
- $1,000 hotel/motel theft insurance.
- Collision damage or theft insurance up to the full value of the rental car.
- Cash withdrawal privileges, thereby eliminating the need for most cash advances.(A 2% transaction fee is assessed for all cash advances. The fee is reimbursable at the Division's discretion.)
Use of the My Corporate Card also benefits the State of Wisconsin, facilitating the collection of travel-related data and streamlining reimbursement with a single source of payment documentation.
To be eligible for the My Corporate Card, the individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must have an active UW-Madison appointment
- Typically travel one or more times per year
- Meet requirements identified by US Bank in its application materials
To apply for the My Corporate Card, complete the corporate/travel card application/agreement form and submit it to the travel card program administrator, Yvonne Quamme, for processing. The cards are set up with a monthly limit of $5,000 which includes a 10% cash allowance. Higher limits may be requested with a letter of justification to the Program Administrator.
The My Corporate Card may only be used for expenses related to official State of Wisconsin business.The My Corporate Card may be used for all reimbursable travel-related expenses. Examples include airfare, lodging, car rental, meals, conference/ meeting registrations, and ground transportation. Regardless of the cardholder’s travel status, the My Corporate Card may also be used to purchase incidental, low-dollar business-related items when a Purchasing card is not available, or when the required items are not available through other campus procurement methods such as Shop@UW or Direct Payment. Cardholders are expected to search for items available through the Shop@UW storefront (http://www.shopuw.wisc.edu) before purchasing items with the card when they are not in travel status. Receipts are required for all incidental purchases.
The card may also be used for non-reimbursable expenses when it is not practical for a merchant to separate the non-reimbursable charges onto a different bill (e.g., a meal that exceeds the maximum allowed, where only part of the cost will be reimbursed).
- Services over $4,999.99
- Items available from Shop@UW
- Orders exceeding the $5,000 best judgment purchase limit
- Items on the Purchasing Services Special Approvals List
- Personal expenses are not allowable on the card and may result in card suspension or cancellation.
Corporate card expenses are reviewed and audited by the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration, the Legislative Audit Bureau, UW-Administration and UW-Madison Business Services, in accordance with the My Corporate Card policy.
All purchases must follow the receipt retention policy at http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/receipt.html.
All documents related to the My Corporate Card may be fully disclosed as a public record to the extent provided for by the Open Records Law.
- Provide your social security number and a valid address for billing purposes and notify US Bank of any changes in name, address, or contact information
- Follow the University of Wisconsin–Madison travel and expense reimbursement policies and Purchasing Services Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Promptly pay My Corporate Card bills in full, when due, to avoid late charges
- Work directly with US Bank to resolve billing disputes
- Report lost or stolen cards to US Bank Customer Service at 800-344-5696
- Cancel cards upon termination, suspension or extended leave of absence from employment. Contact US Bank Customer service at 1-800-344-5696 to request cancellation. Cut up card prior to disposal.
US Bank will issue the My Corporate Card directly to the cardholder. As such, it will be governed by a contract that is solely between US Bank and the cardholder, who is personally responsible for paying all charges on the My Corporate Card.
For cardholders using the e-Reimbursement system, all My Corporate Card transactions will automatically post to “My Wallet” in the e-Reimbursement system. This allows the cardholder to simply import the reimbursable transactions into their expense report using the “Entries from My Wallet” option from the Quick Start field or selecting the “Corporate Card” option in the Payment Type field in the expense type line.
Transactions that are imported into the expense report from the “My Wallet” function or have the Payment Type, “Corporate Card,” will be paid directly to US Bank by the University according to the travel reimbursement regulations. If the traveler uses the Payment Type, “Personal Funds,” for the expense where the My Corporate Card was used, the University will reimburse the traveler in a timely manner for all approved, allowable transactions upon receipt of a complete and properly documented expense report which includes original receipts when required. However, as a condition of accepting reimbursement, the traveler agrees to use reimbursement money to pay off charges on the My Corporate Card. Any remaining balances are the responsibility of the cardholder.
The cardholder must pay the card balance in full by the next billing statement regardless of whether reimbursement has been received. Finance fees are assessed by US Bank if the balance becomes 61 days past due.
The My Corporate Card may be terminated by the bank, your agency travel card program administrator, or the DOA–State Bureau of Procurement for reasons including the following:
- Failure to comply with UW-Madison travel and expense reimbursement policies and procedures
- Failure to comply with Purchasing Services Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- The account becomes 120 days past due
- The cardholder is no longer on the UW-Madison payroll (including resignation, extended leave of absence without pay, termination, or retirement)
- No account activity in over eighteen months
If an account is terminated due to delinquency or non-compliance, it cannot be reinstated.
The cardholder's contract with US Bank allows authorized individuals within the State of Wisconsin to access information about the status of payments and charges to the My Corporate Card. Privacy of personal information will be governed by the cardholder's contract with US Bank.
If the State of Wisconsin were to contract with another financial institution other than US Bank in the future, the information used to open a current My Corporate Card may be transferred using confidential, secure methods to the new institution to provide continuous service. The policies set forth here would continue to be in effect.
Cardholders can access account information via US Bank's web-based system, "Access Online." Registration needs to be completed prior to accessing your account information.