e-Reimbursement Auditor Role
Primary Responsibilities of the Auditor or Backup Auditor
- Review any system generated exceptions and alerts generated by the running the Edit Check Report.
- Ensure claims are business related and fit the Division’s mission and intent of funding source.
- Ensure funding is available, accurate, and appropriate, given the business purpose.
- Designate claims (if appropriate) to be paid from UW Foundation funds.
“Reassign My Workflow” can be used if an expense report needs to be forwarded to additional Auditors for approval such as in the case of the Special Case Approval process for higher level academic positions within the university (i.e. Academic Dean’s, Center Director within an academic school/college, and Department Chair’s).
Cash Advance Reconciliation
Enter employee checks into e‑Reimbursement when funds are due back to the University. For instruction on how to Enter Cash Advance Reconciliations see Policy 302-Travel Advances Including e‑Reimbursement Travel Authorizations and Cash Advances.
Post-Pay Audit Procedures
Conduct monthly post-pay review to determine which expense reports to target for post-pay auditing.
- Using e‑Reimbursement generated reports and receipt packets, conduct post-pay reviews of the following:
- Transactions with tax implications, such as taxable meals, temporary lodging, stipend
- High mileage claims (over 300 miles)
- Transactions over $1000
- Expense reports totaling over $5000
- Multiple same-day meals
- Non-Routine claims
- Transactions that triggered e-Reimbursement exception alerts
- Itemized lodging (alcohol, movies)
- Spousal/Partner travel claims
- Group Travel claims
- Extended Lodging claims
- Job Applicant Interview claims
- Use of non-preferred merchants (moving companies, car rental vendors, airfare carriers)
- Car rental insurance and Global Positioning System (GPS) claims
- Airfare over $1000 domestic; foreign airfare over $1500
- Known problem departments/travelers/alternates
- High dollar event/hosted meal expenses where the purchase of alcohol was likely
- Report audit findings to Accounting Services.