In an effort to strengthen check distribution procedures, Accounting Services has made the following changes, effective April 10, 2018:
- Checks cannot be mailed to a central person in a division or department. They must be addressed directly to payee.
- Couriers may not pick up checks.
- Checks may be picked up in Accounts Payable office by payee and identification will be required.
- Divisions and Departments that must pick up checks will be required to submit a form signed by the Division CFO. These will be very limited.
There is a grace period until May 1, 2018 for departments and divisions to modify internal processes to the new check distribution procedures. Following are a number of resources to assist you:
- Example of a Check Distribution Log
- One Day Check Custody Agreement
- List of old check Distrubtion processes and new distribution alternatives